American Pit Bull Terrier Dog/Puppies Breeders, Types, Temperament, History, Facts, Colors, Pictures, Brindle
American Pit Bull Terrier/Puppies is a short haired, strong built dog breed. It is a member of molosser breed group, which were originated in Britain. Both, American Staffordshire Terrier and American Pit Bull Terrier are from the same family and were named by United Kennel Club (UKC) & American Kennel Club (AKC). Many people say that American Pit Bull Terrier looks same as Staffordshire Terrier, this is why shorter height breed (Staffordshire Terrier) was categorized differently in 1930 by AKC.
Muscle structure of American Pit Bull Terrier is well defined with medium sized height. It’s ears are of medium length and eyes are round shaped like an almond candy. The tail of this beautiful dog looks bit thick, but lil short on compared to other members of it’s breed family.
- Read Also: American Pit Bull Terrier Dog Breeders, Colors, Size, Temperament, Facts, Pictures, Brindle
History of American Pit Bull Terrier
Pit Bull Terrier is a mixed breed of Old English Bulldogs and Old English Terriers, which makes them beautiful like Terriers and strong like Bulldogs. After arrival in the USA, these dogs became real ancestors of the present generation of Pit Bull Terrier. Earlier, Pit Bulls were used in blood-sports in UK & USA. But later on, Pitbulls were used as semi-cattle and companions.
In 20th Century, Pit Bull Terriers became a companion of Police and various therapy process. But, on the contrary, These smart and powerful dogs were used by people of narcotics to guard their illegal works. As these dogs are really intelligent and extremely powerful, these were taught commands and tricks by US Police & Army dog trainers.
Facts and Behaviour about American Pitbull Puppies
- American Pit Bull Terriers requires complete attention and gentle training from it’s owners in a good
- To train American Pit Bull Terriers, trainers must have good quality accessories and toys. Weak toys can be swallowed by a dog and could be harmful to
- American Pit Bull Terriers requires proper exercise for good behavior. The dog owner should provide an open ground to make them play regularly.
- This breed of Terriers is aggressive and stubborn. It’s not a good way to let them roam free with other dogs either on the road or in a dog park. American Pit Bull Terriers are not good with puppies of other breeds if they are not trained
- If the owner is not able to give time and proper attention, then this breed of dog isn’t for them.
Basic Information about American Pit Bull Terrier/Pitbull Puppies
|Origin||USA & UK|
|Mass||Female Adult: 30-60 lbs, Male Adult: 35-65 lbs|
|Life Span||8-15 Years|
|Colors||Red, Black, Grey, White, Blue, Tan, Brown, Brindle, Fawn|
|Temperament||Intelligent, Brave, Loyal, Loving, Stubborn, Friendly|
Checklist for American Pit Bull Terrier’s Owner
|Food Quality||High-Grade Food|
|Environment||Calm and Friendly|
|Weather||Fits good with all the weathers|
|Medical||Regular doctor visits are required|
|Toys and Accessories||High Grade|
Health of American Pitbull Terriers
This mix breed of Bull Dogs & Terriers is healthy just like their ancestors. But just like other dog breeds, they are susceptible to few health problems. It is not necessary that they will get these disease but pet owner must be aware of all of these-
- Aortic Stenosis – Heart Problem: Aortic Stenosis is most common heart disease among this breed. This heart problem comes with the birth of dog. It’s an atypical thinning in the area of the aorta and left ventricle. Many dogs die suddenly because of this disease any many dogs may look weak and sick. The veterinarian may decide for a chest x-ray and electrocardiogram for diagnosis.
- Infections and Allergies: Skin allergies are normal to American Pit Bull Terriers and these allergies are caused by dust, grass, and pollen. Allergies are responsible for itching and anxiety in this breed. Many dogs feel distressed because of few kind of food (Corn, Rice Meat, and Wheat). Immediate cure is really important because few allergies may lead to big disease. Dog Vets are important to provide complete help to detect and control allergies.
- Hip Dysplasia: This is a misalignment of hip and can be extremely painful. Hip Dysplasia can be undetectable or can be understood by weird behavior of the dog. This problem could be congenital, or it could be acquired. Doctors suggest hip screening to diagnose the problem and then can be treated with medicine.
- Hypothyroidism: In this case, dog’s body lacks thyroid hormone which slows metabolism. This disease can occur because of the damaged thyroid gland. Fatigue, weakness, and hair loss are most common symptoms of Hypothyroidism. Regular medication can be helpful to control this dog disease.
Activities For American Blue/Red Nose Pitbull Puppies/Terriers:
- These dogs love to play in open ground with toys and other dogs.
- Weight pulling could be their favorite
- With a man, they like to play FlyBall.
- They are used as Search & Rescue Dogs in the US.
- They are also a part of US Police to help them in Narcotics operations and Border Patroling.
- In South America, they are good in catching feral pigs.
Children with Pit Bull Terriers
- You should not leave your children alone with American Pit Bull Terriers.
- Supervision is required for both Owners and Children.
- Children should not pull, ears and tail of the dog, otherwise, these dogs may get aggressive and can harm children.
Which are American Pit Bull Terrier’s Rescue Groups and How to adopt them?
There are many rescue groups, which also provides shelter and food to them. We have listed few fantastic groups according to their service- Animal Farm Foundation, Pit Bull Rescue Central, Bad Rap and Pit Bull Project. You can also adopt an American Pit Bull Terrier from these organizations if you are completely ready to get a loyal friend. Adoption a Pet is also working in an organized way in this field, and you can adopt Pit Bull Terrier from here.
Where Can You Find – American Pit Bull Terrier & Puppies For Sale?
You can purchase puppies or Mature dogs of this breed either offline or online. There are numerous websites available which are providing proper information about dog buy/sell. We have listed few platforms for you –
Social Media For American Pit Bull Terrier & Other Dog Breeds:
Yes, In the 20th century, everyone loves to share their pet images on social networking platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. But, for Android users, an application named Petipal is available. This application is fun with images of pets. What can you do with “Petipal” Pet Social Media App?
- You can share your pet’s image.
- You can watch other pets.
- You can get more information about the breed of your pet.
- You can find vet services nearby.